show / hide sidebar
Celebrate National Dog Day - Sunday, August 26th!
Mark Your Calendars! National Dog Day is this Sunday!
Celebrated every year on August 26, National Dog Day was founded in 2004 to honor dogs, their friendship and their service. This day also was created to spotlight the importance of dog adoption and rescue.
To celebrate with your pooch this year, check out a few ideas below:
- Buy your dog some special treats and toys you know they’ll love (check out our great selection!)
- Take your pup out for a long walk or to the dog park for an afternoon of play.
- Treat your dog to a brand-new comfy pillow or bed. They’ll feel loved and you’ll keep them off your furniture.
- Break out the shampoo and brush and treat your dog to an at home grooming session!
- Teach your dog a new trick!
- Visit the local shelter and adopt a dog in need of rescue. There are millions of dogs taken in by shelters each year, there is no doubt you’ll find the perfect addition to your family!
- Can’t take home a new pet? Donate or volunteer at your local shelter. Many shelters post “wish lists” on their website or have them available at the door. An extra bag of dog food, blankets, etc. can be extremely helpful!